30 Before 30 list: Update one
I was wrestling with whether to give status updates on my goal list from two weeks ago, but I figured that it would help to be able to assess where I am with the list from time to time. Every two weeks, I will do a post like this discussing my progress on some goals, and which goals need more work. Here goes:
- I’ve begun making an index page for my SNL reviews and essays on Existentialist Weightlifting. I plan on unveiling it once I have the typos corrected in the reviews. I’m wondering if I should retroactively add any additional information I’ve uncovered about sketches since then (like writing credits, etc) or if I should just fix what I have already typed for clarity.
- I’ve completed and posted one of the SNL reviews for the 1980-81 season (the David Carradine episode) and have my notes done for the next episode (Ray Sharkey).
- I’ve also made a list of my unwatched DVDs: I’ve watched a few things this week, but the list does not reflect what, as it will be updated every Monday.
- No books, DVDs or CDs have been purchased.
- I have gone to the library once (Goal: 10 times by April).
- I’ve gone on two walks downtown but I don’t know if I should count. I think I will only count if I walk for thirty minutes before actually going into a building or sitting down.
- I’ve come up with a few ideas for a writing project, including one for a more significant project that will take me longer than two months to actually complete.
- I started a new book this week: “Oliver’s Twist” by Craig Oliver
- I was originally going to buy a train ticket this week while VIA Rail had a promotion for 50% off the full price of the fare, but some circumstances arose and I decided it was probably not in my best interest to do so. This promotion would only have been $28 less expensive than the regular supersaver fare on a round trip to Halifax, and was non-exchangable and non-refundable. Oh well. I’m still trying to figure out what I’m doing for my birthday…I’m hoping I won’t actually need to stay in Miramichi that weekend.
- I have two people I know I will be sending snail mail to by the time April comes around.
Goals to focus on for the next two weeks:
- I have a copy of the driver’s manual, so I’m going to focus on getting ready to actually take the test.
- I still haven’t fully gotten to resetting my internal clock yet, and once I get that taken care of, and set up a daily it will be easier for me to actually get more done on the job hunt, not to mention the other less pressing goals.
- I think this is going to be the timeframe I start my month without fast food. I haven’t decided on a date yet or if I want to have a “last meal”.
- I’ll do at least a one hour free write. I don’t think I’ll post these online, but they may show up in a more polished form sometime.
- I’m going to work on getting started again with the Simple Portraits project.
If anyone has any advice or encouragement, feel free to leave a comment.