As I mentioned in my last post, there are a few things I’m hoping to work on for the coming year. I have a feeling the list will grow and evolve as the year goes on, but for now here are ten things I want to focus on:
- Write every day. One thing I’m going to do to acheive this goal is to participate in #365poems, where I write a poem every day for a whole year. They probably will not be great works of art, but the point is to discipline myself into producing every day.
- Submit work for publication. Keep doing it until I get published, which may not happen this year.
- Get a new wardrobe. I really feel like my clothing doesn’t really “fit” me in several different meanings of the word, and I want to get a few more nicer outfits for job interviews or more formal occasions.
- Try a new bar or restaurant every month this year.
- Finally get my passport. I put it by the wayside when I was unemployed and looking to finally get out of Miramichi, but now that I’m here in Halifax, it’s time to finally get it.
- Go to New York City. My sisters are already planning a trip and they want me to come.
- Start doing volunteer work with a local organization.
- Cook two new dishes per month.
- Sell one of my photographs.
- Begin to make significant progress on reducing my personal debt.
I have a number of sillier, more trivial goals that aren’t really tied into what I want out of life, but I figure I wouldn’t include any of those as they would be a distraction.